Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Radio silence

Sorry things are a little quiet on the blog lately. Hubbie was out of town 2 weekends in a row & my family is preparing to move my 93-year-old grandmother into assisted living. 

I have, however, written several posts in my head!

Here are some of the topics I've been noodling:
  1. How to adapt a recipe
  2. Homemade gnocchi
  3. Plan now for your spring chicks
  4. Beef tagine with butternut squash
  5. Results of my duck proscuitto project
  6. Weather forecasting the old-fashioned way
  7. Fruit trees
  8. My current knitting obsession
  9. New Year's resolution update
  10. Pancetta (February Charcutepalooza topic)
  11. How to cook with what you've got
  12. Winter canning projects: citrus fruits
Any of these speak to you?  I have to go look at my pics to see what else might be in my camera.

Here's a terrible cell phone pic of my progress on my "Orchid Thief Shawlette".  Since this only my second lace project ever it's been a true challenge.  Surprisingly, though, I haven't thrown it across the room.  I guess being an anal, perfectionist Virgo has its benefits.

I've learned a lot doing this project.  It's taken a lot of concentration and the willingness to rip out rows upon rows but I'm just stubborn enough to do it.  Last night I ripped back 12 rows because of a single mistake I couldn't live with and my husband about keeled over, knowing that it represented maybe 2 hours of work. 

Oh well.

Let me know what's on your mind!  I look forward to hearing from you and promise to get some new content up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I vote for tangine! but then again, I'm a sucker for Moroccan spices.

    ReplyDelete