Monday, April 4, 2011

A Moroccan Feast

Way back in January Toby from Plate Fodder surprised the bejeebies out of me by asking me if I'd like to write a guest post on his blog.  I was honored - I've never met Toby but know his cousin, whom I've met once and maintained a friendship with on facebook - and kinda intimidated. 

What would I write about?

January is a good time for citrus recipes but Toby had already covered that.  Drat.

There's not much to can in January, save citrus.  Dangit.

Ever gardened in January in the Pacific Northwest?  It's about as fun and interesting as a cold shower in the dark.  Dammit.

My chickens weren't laying in January.  Besides, Toby had been there, done that with eggs galore.  Doh!

Around that time, my favorite magazine published a recipe for Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash.  I tried it, mentioned it in passing to Toby, and the deal was set.  I'd write about Moroccan food!  Yes, that's it, Moroccan food!

Wait... whu... what?  You know: Moroccan food with stuff like couscous and tagines... and, um... couscous.

Oh man, whatever did I get myself into?

To cut to the punchline, here's the final blog post as it appears on Toby's blog

I intend to elaborate on the post I wrote for Toby and publish a series of posts here.  Watch for those this week.  It was a delicious journey and I hope you'll explore some of these yummy meals and ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment