I have, however, written several posts in my head!
Here are some of the topics I've been noodling:
- How to adapt a recipe
- Homemade gnocchi
- Plan now for your spring chicks
- Beef tagine with butternut squash
- Results of my duck proscuitto project
- Weather forecasting the old-fashioned way
- Fruit trees
- My current knitting obsession
- New Year's resolution update
- Pancetta (February Charcutepalooza topic)
- How to cook with what you've got
- Winter canning projects: citrus fruits
Here's a terrible cell phone pic of my progress on my "Orchid Thief Shawlette". Since this only my second lace project ever it's been a true challenge. Surprisingly, though, I haven't thrown it across the room. I guess being an anal, perfectionist Virgo has its benefits.
I've learned a lot doing this project. It's taken a lot of concentration and the willingness to rip out rows upon rows but I'm just stubborn enough to do it. Last night I ripped back 12 rows because of a single mistake I couldn't live with and my husband about keeled over, knowing that it represented maybe 2 hours of work.
Let me know what's on your mind! I look forward to hearing from you and promise to get some new content up soon.