Friday, December 23, 2011

I'm a mommy!

We are thrilled to share with you the joyous news of our son's arrival.
KAELEN
8 pounds, 1 ounce
20.5 inches

About his name...

Kaelen is a Gaellic name meaning strong, fair-skinned, and slender.  Some sources add "mighty warrior" to the list, but we won't tell him that.  It is pronounced KALE-in.


The cats were unimpressed by his homecoming.  Rudy, our tabby, sat on my lap often during my pregnancy.  This afternoon he did again, this time competing for space with Kaelen.  As soon as Rudy started to purr, Kaelen fell fast asleep.  It makes me wonder what Rudy's purring sounded like to him when he was in utero.  My parents are bringing Rosemary home this afternoon and we're looking forward to her reaction.

We're so excited to share the news of our precious boy's arrival with you.  He has forever changed our lives, and will likely become a regular on the blog as I look for ways to incoporate living sustainably, frugally, and purposefully with having a child.

The blog may quiet down (even more) for a little while as we find our footing but I promise: I'll be back!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenn, he's adorable! So many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! he's beautiful. happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations... I LOVED the name. I like the fact that you have given so much thought into naming your son. I did with my daughter. I have couple of Irish friends and love their company... You son looks adorable... Enjoy because they grow up so fast. Matter of fact I enjoy your blog very much... I am totally into sustainable living... wish you all the very best...

    ReplyDelete