Monday, September 13, 2010

Things to come

Do you have a favorite farmers market vendor? Ask them if they sell things during the off season!

My fav meat vendor is going to take orders during the market's off season (Oct-June).  She'll meet people near the summer market every other week with peoples' orders.  I'm thrilled because this means that we can have local meats - without a middleman - year-round.

I've been so busy lately putting food up for the end-of-season that I haven't had a spare moment to write a post.  But never fear - here's what I've got planned in the next few days:
  1. homemade bacon (meat from the aforementioned farmers market vendor)
  2. finishing touches on the "Fun with Fermentation" series
  3. lots of canning: corn, tomatoes, pears, pickles, sauerkraut
  4. a tomato-less lament
  5. test-run of a Julia Child recipe calling for 2 cups of sauerkraut
  6. ratatouille
And yes, the homemade bacon did make me feel like a culinary rockstar.

Deets to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment