Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Green Cauliflower with Preserved Lemons

Three things led up to this recipe.

1.
I was chatting with someone the other day about preserved lemons.  She didn't know what to do with them.  I gave her some ideas and then forgot about the conversation.

2.
A few days later I was at the grocery store, where I spotted some green cauliflower.  It was the same price as the white stuff, so into my cart it went for us to try (for the record, it tastes the same).

3.
Gene and I have been on a Master Chef kick.

When I went to make dinner last night, I dreaded the thought of plain old steamed cauliflower with what was otherwise a pretty tasty dinner.  I started to raid my cupboards and came up with this recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.  It went together in about 5 minutes.  It would be tasty on any veggie.  Add some garlic and increase the olive oil for a marinade.

Preserved Lemon & Cilantro Sauce (ever-so-slightly inspired by this recipe)
1 preserved lemon, rinsed and pulp removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon honey

Whirl everything in a blender until a thick paste forms.  Spoon the sauce into the bottom of a large bowl.  Add hot veggies and toss to coat.

Not too shabby, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment