Monday, June 21, 2010

A photojournal

Here are some pics of a typical day for me.  I'll spare you the pics of my office.  These are pics from my lunch break and from my bike ride home.

Thursdays means the downtown farmers market in Tacoma.  It's only 5-6 blocks from my office building.  I came home with 2 lbs of red cherries for the hubbie.



My boss and I laughed about Infinite Soups a lot.

Fast forward to my bike-ride home.  I have to cross I-5, where I used to spend over 2 hours daily.  In the distance is the Tacoma Dome, which was built with wood downed during the 1980 Mt. Saint Helens eruption.

I love the old homes in my neighborhood, which was built in the 1920s. 

About 2 years ago I found 3 cases of pint-sized canning jars on this corner.

This house is the reason I took my camera with me on this trip.  They've used their space so well, both on their parking strip and in the miniscule front yard.  I ride by their house all the time and have enjoyed watching their veggies grow.  I anonymously dropped off some eggs in appreciation.  Hey, we've got about 5 dozen eggs right now!



Something tells me that they and their neighbors will have an abundance of squash this fall.

This house is a couple of blocks away.

I'd bet money that this yippy Jack Russell has an invisible fence.  I kind of like tormenting him a bit when I ride by on my bike.  I'm not proud of that.

This guy, Bill, lives down the block and kitty corner from us.  His front gardens over the years inspired my own.  We had a nice chat over the rotten weather and animals destroying our plants (his: dogs, mine: chickens).
(No idea why this pic wouldn't rotate.)  Here's Bill, showing off his garden to me and sharing my lament over the crappy cold weather.  He's on planting # 2 or 3 by now, too.

Need inspiration in your yard?  Take a walk.  Talk with your neighbors.  See what they're doing that works and what's not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment