Thursday, July 29, 2010

Berries and more berries

The farmers market had half-flats of berries for $12.  I selected raspberries, boysenberries, loganberries, and blackberries, then carried them the half-mile back to my office.

The boysenberries, which I'd never had fresh, were soft little pillows of delicious juice that burst in your mouth.  They were heavenly and made me forget all about the raspberries!  Look how luscious they are. 
From left, the cast & crew of my dessert are: Logan, Black, Boysen, and Rasp.

My intention for the half-flat was this recipe from SmittenKitchen.com, which we were taking to friends' house that evening.  Alas, their little girl got sick and we rescedhuled for another night.

I decided to make a smaller one:




My verdict is that this was good but not blow-my-skirt-up-amazing.  When we finally connected with our friends for dinner I took whipped cream and berries for dessert.  Now THAT made us all groan!

I'm dreaming of this week's berry offering at the market... [dreamy sigh].  Please please please have boysenberries today!

No comments:

Post a Comment